Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

{ quirks. }

This is a funny city. Here’s what I’ve learned so far about San Francisco:

-More homeless people than I’ve ever seen. (I have a small fear of the homeless that I assure you is not irrational…)
-You have to pay for bags at every grocery store. And they’re all paper. (I’m all about recycling, but I wish I had known this before hitting up the grocery store for the first time.)
-It’s cold. Counterintuitive for August (or Fogust, as it’s called here). Half the time I’m begging for another sweater, half the time I’m sweating. Sheesh, I can’t keep up.
-You can almost always hear the trolley outside our window. As a result, this song is constantly stuck in my head.
-It feels like I climb mountains every time I venture outside. My butt better start looking chiseled…
-Gorgeous peeks at the ocean from almost anywhere.
-My love for Victorian style architecture is flourishing here!
-New York taxi drivers aren’t the only crazy ones.
-Everyone here seems very fit (hard not to be with all the hills and lack of parking).
-So. Many. Restaurants. If you’re a foodie like me, this is heaven! But it’s also not, because I can’t afford to try these places out. For now, it’s kind of torture, but I’m hoping that will change…


Obviously I still have lots more to learn and do and see. For a girl who was born and raised to love New York and all its glory, this has definitely been a new experience for me. James is so patient as I compare everything to how things are in New York (I miss the subway!)…but in all honestly, I think this could be the beginning of a very long and fruitful love affair with this city. It’s different, but that’s what I’m all about!

0 comments:

Post a Comment