Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

{ gratitude }


It seems I’ll never stop learning this powerful lesson. As we sleep on a noisy, uncomfortable air mattress every night in a mostly empty apartment that desperately needs to be cleaned, I find myself so full of gratitude to be here, on an adventure of a lifetime with my very best friend in a city most people only dream of visiting. It’s crazy how very little material things really matter in the grand scheme of things. Not that I’m ungrateful for such things…they definitely make life easier. But for the next month, as we sleep on the floor, miss our vacuum and swiffer, try to find a way to make everything fit in this little studio, and slowly try to build our food supply, I’ll be feeling grateful for the life of convenience that I’ve always been so blessed to live. It’s nice to go without some things (even for just a month while you await the arrival of all your stuff) so that you can appreciate everything that you’ve always taken for granted. With these things in mind, I’m even more grateful for my marriage, because I know that no matter how much I may lose throughout my life, I get to keep James forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment